" The Scriptures " Bible - Blue Soft Cover
The Scriptures (2009 version) ISR
This is a literal translation of the Bible in English. This translation differs significantly from most common English translations in that it has restored the original book order of the Hebrew Scriptures, the Tanakh, and restored the Name of the Most High, (יהוה) throughout. ISBN - 9780958504546
When ordering specify Media Mail. shipping weight 3 lbs
The Scriptures and Other Bible Translations
What are the main differences between The Scriptures and other Bible Translations?
- The Scriptures is a literal translation (i.e. not paraphrased).
- The only names of the Father YHWH / יהוה, and the Son יהושׁע are restored in Hebrew type.
- All personal names are transliterated into English with the Hebrew equivalent, e.g. Yirmeyahu for Jeremiah, Yohanan for John, Mattithyahu for Matthew etc.
- The order of the Tanakh (Old Covenant Scriptures) is restored according to the order of the Hebrew Scriptures, i.e. Torah, Neviim, Kethuvim.
- It includes the Brit Chadasha (New Covenant Scriptures)
- The names of gentile deities that defile the English language have been eliminated as far as possible.
- Alternative translations are explained in footnotes and an Explanatory notes section.
- The Names of all the books in the Tanakh are now restored to the original Hebrew, including the books of the Torah: Bereshith (Genesis), Shemoth (Exodus), Wayyiqra (Leviticus), etc., also the book of Psalms, Tehillim, and Proverbs, Mishle.
- The traditional rendering of the "Law" has been restored with Torah throughout the translation, retaining the richness and full meaning thereof.
- Certain critical words have been retained in Hebrew, with explanations in English in the footnotes or Explanatory notes.
- In the New Covenant Writings (Brit Chadasha / New Testament), allusions to the Tanakh are printed in Bold, and cross referenced to the Tanakh (Old Covenant Scriptures).
- It includes a "Family register" for personal inscription of your family history. More Information can be found at www.isr-messianic.org